Want a glamorous skin and follow as best ways as they can to beautify it. Good skincare products, eating a healthy diet, sleeping well, exercising are important steps towards the maintenance of good skin. Sometimes following all these essential steps, we forget that skin protection also carries a major role in keeping good skin health. To count with, skin protection is keeping it safe from harmful environmental pollutants and intense sun UV rays.
The intensity of UV rays is not the same everywhere and every time. For example, the intensity is less indoors as compared to outdoors. In the same way, the intensity of sun UV rays is at a peak during mid-afternoon hours. It is anyway good to get some sun exposure for vitamin D synthesis. But excess sun exposure is always bad for our bodies. It drains away moisture level of skin leaving it dry and lifeless. The skin develops sagging, fine lines, and pigmentation as a side effect of sun UV A and B rays. These factors are a hindrance to maintaining a good skin care regimen. In order to preserve the natural essence of your skin, include sunscreen in your daily skincare.
Some points to know about sunscreen:
- It's a myth that skin doesn’t need any sunscreen application if it’s a cloudy day. Remember, even if it's cloudy during day time, UV rays are present.
- Sunscreen should be applied 30 minutes before moving outside as it takes 20 to 30 minutes for its effectiveness.
- A sunscreen works for 3 to 4 hours after application. So don’t forget to reapply.
- Sunscreen contains substances that either absorb or reflect the sun’s UV rays and prevent most of it from penetrating the skin and damaging the skin cells.
- SPF or the sun protection factor should be 30 or more during hot sunny hours.
For further queries, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org